The mission of the Long Beach Middle School is to design, develop and implement educational programs that meet the intellectual, social, emotional, and physical needs of each student. These programs will encourage academic development as well as prepare our students to be self-assured, self-reliant, and lifelong learners.
The students, staff, and parents of Long Beach Middle School, in partnership with the community, will provide students with a successful academic and social transition from elementary to high school based upon state and federal grade level expectations. Our goal is to prepare all of our students to meet the challenges they face in an ever changing world.
1. We believe all students can learn.
2. We insist students learn and we will provide guidance and support to ensure success.
3. Our curriculum will be relevant, challenging, integrative, and exploratory.
4. A safe and supportive environment will exist in our middle school.
5. Ongoing utilization of best instructional processes will be used in each subject area.
6. A consistent and ongoing assessment and evaluation of our programs will promote quality learning.
7. We will engage in collaborative teaming and leadership.